PERFORMER NOTES – please read
SongFest venues are community facilities, religious and spiritual spaces.
We ask that you consider this above all else when you enter them.
Location and Parking
- Refer to the Venue Map on the website to orientate yourself within Dunsborough.
- Familiarise yourself with the location and the time of your performance.
- Limited parking around the SongFest precinct, check the map for parking options.
- All venues are within 12 minutes walking from the Old Dunsborough Hall.
- Consider car-pooling over the SongFest weekend OR even bring your bike!
- NO STILETTOS on Saturday night at Our Lady of the Cape School Hall venue.
Entry by ID Band only
- You will have been given a wrist ID band by your choir director prior to the weekend.
- Wear it at all times – even in the shower!
- If you lose it – go to the BOX OFFICE on Saturday between 8:30am and 13:30pm am to collect a new one.
- The BOX OFFICE volunteer staff has a list of all registered names, you may be asked for your ID.
- Volunteers at all venue doors will check on ID bands for entry.
- Performers have different coloured ID band to Public Weekend Pass holders.
- Tickets for individual workshops and concerts are available at the door.
- All 4 SongFest Saturday afternoon concerts can be accessed using a single $10 ticket.
- Please do not ask the door volunteers to allow a friend/family etc in, to just watch your performance.
- Everyone associated with SongFest is a Volunteer; coordinators, media officers, concert managers, MC’s, door staff, box office and café staff.
- All attempt to make the weekend a happy and fun experience, sharing in fellowship around music.
- All are from the local Dunsborough community and love being a part of SongFest.
- Volunteers should be wearing a blue Dunsborough Progress Association polo shirt.
Food & Water
- No food or hot beverages into the church venues, or the Saturday night concert venue.
- Water bottles are acceptable in the church venues.
- Food is acceptable in the Old Dunsborough Hall.
- You will be given the contact details of your concert manager.
- Before the weekend, please contact them regarding any specific stage requirements.
- An important part of SongFest is for choirs to support other choirs.
- Choirs performing in Saturday afternoon concerts are therefore asked to remain in that venue for the whole concert.
- All choirs must be seated in the audience inside the venue, 10 minutes before their concert start time.
- All choirs must have rehearsed / warmed up prior to being seated in the audience.
- After performance, choirs must return to the audience and stay to watch the rest of the concert.
- Door staff will not let people into the audience during a song, only between songs.
- Please note that your schedule performance times include a 5 minutes changeover.
Merchandise Sales – If you are selling merchandise PLEASE:
- Provide your own float, secure container, contact details and details of merchandise you are selling.
- It can be placed on an unattended table or within the BOX OFFICE for safe keeping.
- Have your own sales attendant, SongFest does not provide sales support.
- SongFest will not be held responsible for any unaccounted items.